Amazon FireTV is a great Internet streaming boxes available.Growing popularity of streaming TV & movies, via Kodi have become less and less reliable.Hence, users of Kodi’s TV Addons assume that their hardware is the issue, but the issue is a collection of low-quality streams. The other reason is that weak movie links cause a Fire TV buffering issue.
Fire TV Buffering Fix List
Proximity Fix (aka RF Interference Fix)
- Your problems will be helped by moving your FireTV at least 6 feet away from your TV. TVs may cause RF interference which interferes with the WiFi signal, causing your FireStick to buffer unnecessarily. The solution is to get a top-rated High-Speed HDMI Extension Cable for $8.
Power Supply Fix (aka Phone Power Fix)
Use a smartphone power supply, for example, a 2Amp power supply instead of the one that comes with your FireStick. The device should have enough power to process the stream and download the data at the same time.
Your ISP May Be Throttling Your Connection
- Your Internet provider could be harassing your bandwidth. To get rid of this issue use a VPN to block your ISP from accessing your data!
File Sharing System Fix
- Try the NFS file sharing mode instead of SMB (“Windows”), if you’re still experiencing FireStick buffering issues when the video is played from a local network location.
Fire TV Buffering Issue WiFi Analyzer
- It is best to use a software WiFi analyzer to see the channels of your router which are showing the least congestion.
Zero Cache Fix for Kodi
- Go to Maintenance Tools, and install the Zero Cache Fix in the Kodi dashboard.
Try a Lower Quality Stream
- Your Internet connection may not be suitable to handle 1080p (aka “HD”), hence try a 720P (aka “SD”) stream if you’re unsure.
Fire TV Buffering Due to Overheating
- Use a small USB-powered mini desktop fan next to it, so it cools down as the electronics get hot.
- If there are buffering issues, Reinstall Kodi to get the issue fixed.
Fire TV Buffering Fix for Netflix / Kodi
- Get out from Kodi by going to the bottom of the Kodi screen and hit the power button, then press Exit.
Fire TV Buffering Issue Disk Space Fix
- Go to your FireStick Home screen and select Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications
- Look at the Internal Space at the bottom left corner. Make some space, If it’s at 1GB or less
- Select an app that is at least 200MB and then selects Uninstall.
- Now your Kodi Fire TV buffering issue should be fixed
Some other suggestions
Fire TV Buffering Problems
If the network stream users are using do not play isn’t fast enough there may be issues arising. Too many users connected to the network stream causes problems. The solution is to pay for streaming TV service like Netflix.
Still having Fire TV Loading problems, what other solutions are ready for you?
If you continue to experience Fire TV buffering problems, then maybe Fire TV is not for you. You will have to opt for other powerful hardware (such as a Gaming PC) to reduce the hardness of the situation related to FireStick buffering.