Fire TV is an amazing product of Amazon. It is basically a streaming media device box that is fabricated by Amazon that you assemble to your television and it allows you to watch the online TV shows, movies and much more. Better than any Roku and much much cheaper than an Apple TV, the new Firestick at just 50$. The new dongle offers 4K HDR video in any format and corrects previous models by including TV volume and power controls on its remote control.
This device has 1.5 GB of RAM, 8GB internal storage, and a 1.7 GHz quad-core CPU, and Technologies PowerVR GE8300 GPU. This is the most powerful Fire TV device ready for purchase at this time and it is way better than its predecessor Fire TV 3 Pendant. The Fire TV Stick 4K supports Dolby Vision, HDR10, and HDR10+. It also supports Dolby Atmos surround sound, which the true movie fans have been waiting for in a streaming device.
In our tests, the new WIFI “reinvented” by Amazon performed very well and I think there is no need for getting a separately Ethernet adapter.
Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Review
Here is what you get in the box: the Fire TV Stick 4K, remote control, power adapter/cord, HDMI extender, two AAA batteries, manuals.
The setup of the First TV Stick is similar to all other Fire TV devices, and its pretty simple. Amazon does a great job of walking you through each step. Updates are made automatically whenever you first time connect to WiFi or Ethernet adapter.
Sideload Apps on Kodi Firestick
Compared to Apple or Roku devices, Amazon’s Fire TV Stick is way better and popular just cause we are able to sideload apps like Kodi, VPNs and much more.
It is important to know that you don’t really need a 4K TV to use this device. 4K is the maximum resolution that the Fire TV Stick 4K can deliver, and if you have and HDMI input on your TV, this new stick will work great for you.
Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Specs
- Device Size: 108 mm x 30 mm x 14 mm (including the connector)
- Weight: 53.6 g
- Processor: Quad-Core 1.7 GHz
- GPU: IMG GE8300
- Storage: 8 GB
- Memory (RAM): 1.5GB DDR4
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi (MIMO) Supports 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi networks.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0 + LE
- Voice Support: Yes, with the new Alexa Voice Remote (included) or free Fire TV app (available for download on Fire OS, Android, and iOS)
- The included Alexa Voice Remote can control the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K and certain functions (such as power and volume) on IR-enabled devices, including TVs, soundbars and A/V receivers.
- Cloud Storage: Free cloud storage for digital content purchased from Amazon
- Ports: HDMI output, micro USB for power only
- Ethernet Port: Must purchase a separate adapter.
- Audio Support: Dolby Atmos, 7.1 surround sound, 2-channel stereo, and HDMI audio pass-through up to 5.1
- Formats Supported: Video: Dolby Vision, HDR 10, HDR10+, HLG, H.265, H.264, VP9 Audio: AAC-LC, AC3, eAC3 (Dolby Digital Plus), FLAC, MP3, PCM/Wave, Vorbis, Dolby Atmos (EC3_JOC), Photo: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP
- Output Resolution: 2160p, 1080p and 720p up to 60 fps
Requirements for Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
You’ll need to own high-definition television with an available high-speed HDMI input, high-speed internet connection via Wi-Fi.
The TV should support minimum HDCP requirements for protected content playback. Compatible with 1) 4K ultra-high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of 2160p at 24/25/30/50/60 Hz and HDCP 2.2 or 2) high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of 1080p or 720p at 50/60 Hz.
Out of all Amazon devices, this is now the most powerful device available for sale. Processor surpasses the power of the Fire TV Cube and previous Fire TV Sticks.